|WELCOME TO LMMS!|
|Principal - Johnny Spears Assistant Principal - Kela Sharpton
School Hours: 7:45-3:20 School Phone Number: (803) 663-4300
It is very hard to believe that the start of school is just a few short weeks away. We have been very busy at Leavelle McCampbell this summer in preparation for the 2014-2015 school year. There are several things that need to be announced.
Registration for the new school year will take place on Wednesday, August 13, from 12-6, in the school gymnasium. Schools fees are $35 Registration, and if applicable, $3 for band fees or $10 for GT fees.
Sixth grade orientation will be Friday, August 15, from 10-11:30. Please make plans to come by and meet your teachers, see classes, and practice opening locks!
Please see the school supplies list at this link. Specific items needed by teachers may not appear on this list and may be identified by teachers on registration day or the first day of school.
Football and volleyball conditioning will take place during the first week of school from 3:30 – 5:15. Students must have a physical completed and the forms turned in before they can participate. The physical form can be accessed by clicking here. Our new coaches this year are looking forward to having great seasons with our awesome athletes! Coach Sherrod Davis is looking forward to building on last year’s successes as a football team. Coach Erin Hasty is bringing her experiences to LMMS as the new volleyball coach.
Parents, please keep the dress code in mind as you conduct your back to school shopping for your children.
* Students have the right to regulate their personal appearance; however, the school reserves the right to bar students whose personal appearance is disruptive to the school program.
* Pants, skirts, and shorts must be knee length or longer when standing.
* No elastic waisted athletic shorts or sweatpants.
* Pants must be worn at the waist with no undergarments or basketball shorts showing.
* Pants and shorts with holes or frays above the knees are not permitted.
* Clothing sizes should be appropriate. Substantial over-sized clothing and tightfitting pants such as leggings are not permitted. If leggings or tights are worn under a skirt, the skirt must be knee-length.
* Shoes must be worn at all times. No house shoes or bedroom slippers, and sandals must have a strap in the back.
* Shirts/dresses must completely cover the front, back, stomach, and sides when students raise their arms. All tops must be over the shoulder area (three inches wide), and not expose cleavage, even if covered by a sheer or crocheted top.
* Clothing that is distracting, revealing, overly suggestive, or disruptive is not permitted.
* Hats, caps, hoods, scarves, gloves, sweatbands, and sunglasses are not to be worn inside.
* Students are not to wear conspicuous or ridiculous costumes, including any type of pajamas.
* Inappropriate language, alcohol, tobacco, gang-related or drug symbols are not permitted.
* Wallet chains, sheer shirts/blouses, clothes exposing the midriff, low-cut shirts, etc. are not permitted.
As always, if you have any questions, please call me at 663-4300, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet in the Gym at 6pm
South Carolina law requires that all students entering 7th grade receive one (1) dose of Tdap vaccine (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis). Now is a good time to make an appointment for your child to receive this immunization if you have not already done so. If your child has already received this immunization, please bring this information with you on registration day. If you have further questions regarding this requirement, please contact the main office.