|WELCOME TO LMMS!|
|Principal - Johnny Spears Assistant Principal - Kela Sharpton
School Hours: 7:45-3:20 School Phone Number: (803) 663-4300
Greetings from Leavelle McCampbell!
Our first quarter is almost over and it is hard to believe that the time has gone by so quickly. We have accomplished so much over the course of the first nine weeks.
MAP Testing for the Fall 2014 session has ended and we have students who made great gains. These students were rewarded with a MAP Gains Social on October 3. We have celebrated our Students of Character, with 38 students recognized in September. I was pleased to see so many students acknowledged for their efforts.
We have several events from mid-October to November. A Good Behavior Social will be held on October 23, with another Character Recognition Breakfast scheduled for October 24. Our PTO will sponsor a Fall Harvest Dance on October 24, from 5:30-7:30 PM. First Quarter Awards Day will be held on October 31 at 8:30 AM. A Veteran’s Day Assembly will be held on November 6 at 9AM, while a dance to benefit the Empty Stocking Fund will be held from 3:30 – 5:30 on the same day. The November Character Recognition Breakfast will be held on November 21.
Class Spelling Bees will be held on November 5, while the school Spelling Bee will be on November 25. LMMS will host a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Night on November 3, from 6 – 7:30.
Friday, October 17, will be a Teacher Work Day (No school for students!) and there will be no classes on October 27. On October 27, however, you will be able to come to school and pick up your student’s report cards. School will be open from 12-6. Tuesday, November 4 is Election Day (No school). Thanksgiving Holidays are November 26-28.
Parents, we also have after school tutoring that has started. This is held on Mondays and Tuesdays from 3:30-4:30. Tutoring will be available for all subject areas. Please contact your child’s teacher for details and a sign up form.
I am proud to be associated with such a great group of students and such a dedicated staff. It is great to be able to see all of our students grow as the year has progressed.
If a student is late to school, he/she MUST be signed in by a parent or guardian at the time they are dropped off. Please contact the front office if you have any questions!
|LMMS 2014-2015 Dress Code|
Students have the right to regulate their personal appearance; however, the school reserves the right to bar students whose personal appearance is disruptive to the school program.
* Pants, skirts, and shorts must be knee length or longer when standing.
* No elastic waisted athletic shorts or sweatpants.
* Pants must be worn at the waist with no undergarments or basketball shorts showing.
* Pants and shorts with holes or frays above the knees are not permitted.
* Clothing sizes should be appropriate. Substantial over-sized clothing and tightfitting pants such as leggings are not permitted. If leggings or tights are worn under a skirt, the skirt must be knee-length.
* Shoes must be worn at all times. No house shoes or bedroom slippers, and sandals must have a strap in the back.
* Shirts/dresses must completely cover the front, back, stomach, and sides when students raise their arms. All tops must be over the shoulder area (three inches wide), and not expose cleavage, even if covered by a sheer or crocheted top.
* Clothing that is distracting, revealing, overly suggestive, or disruptive is not permitted.
* Hats, caps, hoods, scarves, gloves, sweatbands, and sunglasses are not to be worn inside.
* Students are not to wear conspicuous or ridiculous costumes, including any type of pajamas.
* Inappropriate language, alcohol, tobacco, gang-related or drug symbols are not permitted.
* Wallet chains, sheer shirts/blouses, clothes exposing the midriff, low-cut shirts, etc. are not permitted.
The Bob Richards Automotive $10,000 60 DAY GIVEAWAY for Aiken County Public Schools begins today OCTOBER 1-NOVEMBER 30.
Please see the link below for this opportunity to raise $3,333 for your school.
South Carolina law requires that all students entering 7th grade receive one (1) dose of Tdap vaccine (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis). Now is a good time to make an appointment for your child to receive this immunization if you have not already done so. If your child has already received this immunization, please bring this information with you on registration day. If you have further questions regarding this requirement, please contact the main office.