|WELCOME TO LMMS|
|Principal - Johnny Spears Assistant Principal - Kela Sharpton
School Hours: 7:45-3:20 School Phone Number: (803) 663-4300
Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year! I am excited that teachers and students are finally in the building. I was really happy to see familiar faces on registration day. I was also delighted to meet the parents and students who are new to our Leavelle McCampbell family. It is going to be a great year!
I would like to welcome our new staff members, Mrs. Tutt, Language Arts Teacher, Mrs. Gore, Science Teacher, Mr. DeBeaugrine, Science Teacher, Mrs. Johnson, Special Education Teacher, Mrs. Moldovan, Special Education Teacher, and Mrs. Stanley, Math Teacher. We also have a new teacher for ESL, Mrs. Watson, who is returning to Leavelle McCampbell.
There is a lot of excitement this year. We will continue to develop our STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Program at Leavelle. Additionally, we will have a kickoff for our Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS) program, which is designed to build community and respect among peers, while reducing discipline issues in school.
Seventh and eighth grade students in good academic standing can try out for football or girls’ volleyball during the first week of school. Coach Joenk has scheduled volleyball tryouts will be Tuesday, August 18 for 7th grade and Thursday, August 20 for 8th grade. Practice is 3:30-5:15. Football tryouts start Monday, August 17 from 3:30-5:15. Coach Saunders has asked that you wear shorts and t-shirts for tryouts. All students wishing to try out must have a current physical and concussion form completed and on file with the office.
Open house is scheduled for August 31, 2015 from 6-7:30. There will be representatives from PTO available, as well as a discussion of social media safety by a member of Aiken County Sheriff’s Office. Please plan to attend and meet your child’s teachers.
Please be sure to see the dress code for 2015-2016, which is also located on the home page.
As always, it is a pleasure to serve the greatest middle school kids in Aiken County! I am honored to be here! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at 663-4300 or email@example.com.
|LMMS 2015-2016 Dress Code|
Students have the right to regulate their personal appearance; however, the school reserves the right to bar students whose personal appearance is disruptive to the school program. These rules also apply if a student is assigned in-school suspension.
* Pants, skirts, and shorts must be knee length or longer when standing.
* No elastic waisted athletic shorts or sweatpants, including basketball shorts or “joggers”.
* Pants must be worn at the waist with no undergarments or basketball shorts showing.
* Pants and shorts with holes or frays above the knees are not permitted, even with leggings underneath.
* Clothing sizes should be appropriate. Substantial over-sized clothing and tight-fitting pants such as leggings are not permitted. If leggings or tights are worn under a skirt, the skirt must be knee-length.
* Shoes must be worn at all times. No house shoes or bedroom slippers, and sandals must have a strap in the back.
* Shirts/dresses must completely cover the front, back, stomach, and sides when students raise their arms. All tops must be over the shoulder area (three inches wide), and not expose cleavage, even if covered by a sheer or crocheted top.
* Clothing that is distracting, revealing, overly suggestive, or disruptive is not permitted.
* Hats, caps, hoods, scarves, gloves, sweatbands, and sunglasses are not to be worn inside.
* Students are not to wear conspicuous or ridiculous costumes, including any type of pajamas.
* Inappropriate language, alcohol, tobacco, gang-related or drug symbols are not permitted.
* Wallet chains, sheer shirts/blouses, clothes exposing the midriff, low-cut shirts, etc. are not permitted.
If a student is late to school, he/she MUST be signed in by a parent or guardian at the time they are dropped off. Please contact the front office if you have any questions!
South Carolina law requires that all students entering 7th grade receive one (1) dose of Tdap vaccine (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis). Now is a good time to make an appointment for your child to receive this immunization if you have not already done so. If your child has already received this immunization, please bring this information with you on registration day. If you have further questions regarding this requirement, please contact the main office.