|WELCOME TO LMMS|
|Principal - Johnny Spears Assistant Principal - Kela Sharpton
School Hours: 7:45-3:20 School Phone Number: (803) 663-4300
|We have had a great start to fall at Leavelle McCampbell! We started November off with some strange weather. The unexpected flakes of snow were a wonderful surprise to see so early in the year. We have also had some unusually cold weather as the Thanksgiving Holiday approaches. I must give a big “Thank you!” to our district maintenance staff for keeping our heaters going.
Parents, please make sure that your phone numbers and contact information are updated in the school office if they change. A time may arise when we need to contact a student’s home, only to have a number that has been changed. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.
We have several events in the next few weeks. Our grade level spelling bee is Tuesday, November 25 in our Media Center. Thanksgiving Holidays are November 26-28. December District Early Release Day is December 3 and school will dismiss at 1:20. Our band and chorus have been practicing hard and their Winter Arts Concert is Friday, December 5 at 6:30. They will also be participants in the Graniteville Parade on December 6. We have home basketball games on December 1, December 4, December 8, and December 15. PTO will sponsor the Winter Wonderland Dance on Friday, December 12 from 5:30-7:30. Cookies and Cocoa with Santa will be held on December 17. Finally, Semester exams/tests will be given the week of December 15-19.
The kids are getting excited as the weather changes and the holiday season gets closer. Please remind them that with all of the events and games, that the most important part is bettering themselves through education. Our students are THE BEST kids in the county – I just want them to see the potential in themselves that I see in them. Thank you for supporting our school!
If a student is late to school, he/she MUST be signed in by a parent or guardian at the time they are dropped off. Please contact the front office if you have any questions!
|LMMS 2014-2015 Dress Code|
Students have the right to regulate their personal appearance; however, the school reserves the right to bar students whose personal appearance is disruptive to the school program.
* Pants, skirts, and shorts must be knee length or longer when standing.
* No elastic waisted athletic shorts or sweatpants.
* Pants must be worn at the waist with no undergarments or basketball shorts showing.
* Pants and shorts with holes or frays above the knees are not permitted.
* Clothing sizes should be appropriate. Substantial over-sized clothing and tightfitting pants such as leggings are not permitted. If leggings or tights are worn under a skirt, the skirt must be knee-length.
* Shoes must be worn at all times. No house shoes or bedroom slippers, and sandals must have a strap in the back.
* Shirts/dresses must completely cover the front, back, stomach, and sides when students raise their arms. All tops must be over the shoulder area (three inches wide), and not expose cleavage, even if covered by a sheer or crocheted top.
* Clothing that is distracting, revealing, overly suggestive, or disruptive is not permitted.
* Hats, caps, hoods, scarves, gloves, sweatbands, and sunglasses are not to be worn inside.
* Students are not to wear conspicuous or ridiculous costumes, including any type of pajamas.
* Inappropriate language, alcohol, tobacco, gang-related or drug symbols are not permitted.
* Wallet chains, sheer shirts/blouses, clothes exposing the midriff, low-cut shirts, etc. are not permitted.
The Bob Richards Automotive $10,000 60 DAY GIVEAWAY for Aiken County Public Schools begins today OCTOBER 1-NOVEMBER 30.
Please see the link below for this opportunity to raise $3,333 for your school.
South Carolina law requires that all students entering 7th grade receive one (1) dose of Tdap vaccine (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis). Now is a good time to make an appointment for your child to receive this immunization if you have not already done so. If your child has already received this immunization, please bring this information with you on registration day. If you have further questions regarding this requirement, please contact the main office.